US to create clearinghouse of medical supplies to help other countries fight COVID
- Along with other countries, the Biden administration will set up a clearinghouse of medical supplies as well as therapeutic drugs to help other nations fight COVID-19, 彭博社 reported.
- The formal announcement is set to happen later today in New York at the Global Action Plan on COVID-19 at the United Nations General Assembly.
- Part of the effort will be to expand a a “test-to-treat” program currently operational in 10 countries that provides drugs to treat COVID-19. These medicines include Pfizer’s ( 纽约证券交易所。 PFE ) Paxlovid and Merck’s ( 纽约证券交易所。 MRK ) molnupiravir.
- The medical supplies to be provided include masks and oxygen.
- COVID-19 vaccine makers: BioNTech ( BNTX ), Moderna ( 纳斯达克。 MRNA ), and Novavax ( 纳斯达克。 NVAX ).
- Yesterday, the US government said it was cutting back on the number of Pfizer ( PFE ) COVID vaccines it would donate to other countries due to declining demand.
更多细节见。US to create clearinghouse of medical supplies to help other countries fight COVID